Saturday, April 2, 2011

....And she rides!

Therapeutic riding actually.  I have wanted to introduce Natalie to this type of therapy since I heard about it many years ago.  It is great for children with sensory issues and I am so excited that we fell into the opportunity through a friend in the Down syndrome community.  She is the founder of Brecht stables and if you are ever interested in western lessons or therapeutic riding let me know.  :)

Natalie doesn't like things that move while she is on them that she is not in full control of.  She is not a fan of swings or sliding down slides nor is she a huge fan of things on her head.  Lynn assured me that she would love riding...I wasn't convinced...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...You would think I would know by now that Natalie will always amaze me.  She is here to force me out of MY comfort zone, to show me to never assume or underestimate when it comes to her.  She is here, and she makes me proud in ways I never thought my heart could stretch.  

 Photobucket

Photobucket

She got on that horse like she had been doing it for years... and she OWNED it! 

Photobucket
Notice her hands above her head  :o

Photobucket
Even Alyssa was impressed :)

Photobucket

I find that just when I think I know her, just when I think I know her thresholds and abilities, some kind of opportunity falls into our laps that has me saying "hmmmmm, I wonder..." Sometimes she falls and just isn't ready for what we try.  Other times she soars.... she just plain takes on the challenge like she was waiting on me to find it for her. 


I found a quote when she was little.  I am not sure who said it but it runs through my head like a mantra when it comes to Natalie and pretty much to our lives in general.


"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"


No comments:

Post a Comment