Friday, January 28, 2011

Sandra...

This is Sandra...
Photobucket

Gorgeous and full of potential.  She waited her whole life just to have the love of a family.  She waited to be hugged by her parents, to open gifts on her birthday, to be kissed goodnight.  She waited....

Today I found out that the wait turned out to be just too long for her.  Sandra, like so many children in orphanages over seas, passed away.  These children have health concerns that are not addressed in these countries.  There is no money to care for them properly.  Sandra's chance at a forever family is gone but there are MANY, MANY other children hugging themselves to sleep each night as they wait to be found.

Photobucket


All they want is a family, a chance at life, to know what it is like to be rocked to sleep by someone who is theirs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

YOU can help.  YOU can save a life.  Like us, many are not in a position to be able to adopt right now.  Like us, you can donate, you can advocate, you can make yourself heard on behalf of these children who aren't given a voice in the world. 

Feel free to link back to this blog post to help advocate and take the time to visit Reece's Rainbow to see all of the waiting children.  This is important, this is real, and this hurts my heart in ways I can't even describe.  This could have been Natalie had she been born in a different country.  If she were there now, if someone took her and put her there, what would you do to help us get her back? 

Photobucket

Visit RR to find out what you can do to help.  If you don't know where to start or who to contact PLEASE contact me and I will help you.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.  That is 4 more faces who have been seen.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've been online all day and I am HEARTBROKEN to hear about Sandra. When I first saw her picture on last year's Angel Tree, she instantly became a favorite. I'm in tears. It's just so sad!

    I love that you included Antonio. He was our Angel Tree angel last year (and I continued to add to his grant all year). He's the one I want to bring home.

    I'm about to write a blog post VERY similar to this one.

    ReplyDelete